Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have a maytag refridgerator with french doors and a lower

Customer Question

I have a maytag refridgerator with french doors and a lower pull out freezer.I BOUGHT IT IN APRIL of 2014.This past oct.,the freezer started to make alot of noise.It was found to be acumulating alot of frost on the outside of the back panel as well as ice packing up behind the panel,causing the fan to make alot of noise.I have since had the dealer here twice and they removed everything from the freezer,including the back panel and defrosted with a hair dryer!It would run fine for a couple wks. and would ice up again!Now the last time,they suggested it could be the"misters"and were going to order replacement parts and said they would be in ,in 1 wk.That was a month ago!It is now all iced up again and Icant get hold of the dealer and I am becoming very frustrated---HELP.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.
.

During the month of December, all ratings of 3 stars or more, 1/2 of the payment will be donated to help homeless veterans, also all tips given will be donated to 100% to Autism Support Groups.

Can I get the model number, the number you give is not a model number, look inside the fridge area on the wall, it will have the model number and serial number there.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
model#MFB2055YEM02 ser.#VS40756209
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Give me a few moments to check this.

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Did The technician check the heater and thermostats in the unit besides just defrosting it?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My dealer is closed today and will not open until Monday,dec.28th,so Iwill have to wait until then to find out if his guy checked the heater and thermostsats!Until then,thanks--Dave.
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Let me know, If the heater checked out and he ran the diagnostics on the unit from the control panel to see if the heater is working, then you will need a new control module. If you every have todo this more than one time defrosting it manually, then there is something else wrong. One time maybe the door didn't close properly but more than one time, there is a problem, the tech should have the tech sheet, if not I can supply one with the diagnostics for him.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Tips are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Chas,I did read your response and just got back from my dealer and he said that his contractor did check the heater and the thermstats and they were all okay.But, what he did find is that it needed what he called" humidifiers" and he has ordered them and will be letting me know tomorrow when they will be in!I dont know why they did not tell me that in the first place and save you and me all this trouble,but I want to thank you very much for your efforts---regards,Dave.
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

I don't have no idea what a humidfier can be, considering I came from Maytag. I am still betting if everything else checked out, the computer will need to be replaced. Also know as the JAZZ BOARD on the unit.. I have worked on to many of these to even think of being wrong.

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

I noticed that the question is still open, if there is nothing else you need, please rate my service to you today, so I may be credited with helping you...