John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Ge profile oven displays locked on the screen unable to

Customer Question

Customer: ge profile oven displays locked on the screen unable to input any temperature information
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: that's all I know. we tried turning off the power for approximately 5 minutes, but nothing happened.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how long is the wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 11 months ago.

You didn't post your model number , but most GE ovens have a pad you hold to lock the controls from working - it's a child safety feature. It will say lock , or lock out , or hold to lock. You hold this pad until the lock light goes out. The door lock is a different function . If the door is locked , which it does in self clean , then you can't open the door.