Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I keep getting the insert the probe on my masterchef panel

Customer Question

I keep getting the insert the probe on my masterchef panel on my miele self clean oven and not able to get rid of info panel and start cooking turkey
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.

Merry Christmas, do you have the probe by chance?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Of course

If you insert the probe and remove t a couple times does it go away? Often the probe jack causes this issue can you try that?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry pressed send too soon! That sounded snotty. Sorry.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We did manage to get it working after a few tries. This shouldn't be happening. Why wouldn't the jack work? Is that a malfunction?

The issue is the probe jack gets slightly corroded from really not being used much this minor corrosion causes that issue. When you are done bakng you can spray a VERY SMALL amount of WD-40 in the jack to resolve the issue..VERY SMALL AMOUNT THOUGH and then run it on bake 450 for an hour. JUST do this after you are all done baking.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks