Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

My name is ***** ***** and my Jenn Air oven won't stop

Customer Question

Customer: Hi there, my name is ***** ***** and my Jenn Air oven won't stop beeping...and we cannot figure out why
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Oven has bene in use all morning and was just changed out to pitt the turkey in with the timer set. It is a microwave/oven combo, with a Jenn Air warming drawer beneath. The warming drawer is in use with casseroles . All was well until w put the oven in and started using the warming drawer, and now the oven beeps about every minute.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ises...microwave, oven, and warming drawer...and still the beeps come!
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.
.

During the month of December, all ratings of 3 stars or more, 1/2 of the payment will be donated to help homeless veterans, also all tips given will be donated to 100% to Autism Support Groups.

Merry Christmas, Can I get the complete model number?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Model JMW 2430WS
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Give me a few minutes to check this

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Okay, it beeps every minute or so, is everything still working at this time?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It beeps even after we turned everything off, but it is all working as of now
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Have you turned off the power at the circuit breaker for 5 minutes to reset the computer?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, not yet
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Why don't we try that, that will also tell us if we still hear the beeping then the oven is not doing it...

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We will, BUT we have our Xmad turkey cooking and are afraid to do this just in case oven won't come back on. Will put up with beeping for 2 more hours. Can I text back then?
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Yes you may, I understand, Make sure that you are not hearing a smoke alarm with a low battery, they beep once every minute or so when that happens..

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is definitely from the oven/warming drawer, not a smoke alarm. Very distinctive set of beeps....almost a song
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Okay thanks, let me know when you are finished so we can continue

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

BTW are you using a probe in the oven for cooking?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The problem was solved by turning off the circuit breaker and then turning it back on later.
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Great

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Tips are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

I noticed that the question is still open, if there is nothing else you need, please rate my service to you today, so I may be credited with helping you...