John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

All the lights work on dryer, we select settings & press

Customer Question

Customer: hello, all the lights work on dryer, we select settings & press start, it beeps once then nothing, also, clean lint stays on even though its clean
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: that is whats happening . I even tried unplugging for 10 minutes, & still same
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes I will wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kenmore elite HE3

Please open the door and give me that model number , it will be on the model /serial tag on the dryer face frame !

Kenmore elite HE3 does not tell me anything.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
110-82822108. Model #
MP1805432 Serial #

Thank you!

when you program a cycle and press start does the time display count down or stay the same? and of course it will take 1 min for it to count down to the next lower number.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It counts down

Ok if it counts down the the issue is in the motor circuit and not the start circuit.

Next you need to remove the lower front panel of the dryer ( two screws on the very bottom of the panel ) and on the blower housing (left side center area) is a thermal fuse it is rather hidden on the blower housing up at the very bottom of the door.

#1 Unplug the dryer from the outlet.

#2 the thermal fuse has two light blue wires on it remove those two wires (they just pull straight off )

#3 take a paper clip and join the two wire to each other (thus bypassing the thermal fuse)

Make sure that the paper clip nor the two wire leads touch bare metal and plug the dryer back in program it and try to push start to see if in fact the dryer now starts.

Let me know what it does

Do you still need assistance on your question?