Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a whirlpool accubake oven the display screen has gone

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool accubake oven the display screen has gone blank how do i reset it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while
I apologize as I try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now
available to help you with your question. Give me just a minute and I will be right with you working on your answer now. Thanks.

The E6-F2 error code indicates a problem with the touchpad or the electronic oven control. E6-F2 specifically means the cancel key drive line is open. You can't cancel this error code, but sometimes removing the power from the oven and reconnecting it will cure it.

This is usually a fault in the touchpad, but can also be caused by the electronic oven control. To test the oven you would need to remove the control panel and disconnect the ribbon connector from the touchpad to the oven control at the oven control. Clean the end of the ribbon and reconnect it. This will sometimes correct the problem by curing a weak connection. If the error code comes back you should replace the control panel which contains the touchpad.

give me a sec and I will get that part number for you in case you need it.

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.