How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kelly Your Own Question
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 21203
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Kelly is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have water accumulating, and then freezing on the pan at

Customer Question

I have water accumulating, and then freezing on the pan at the bottom of my freezer. I'm assuming that a drain is not working properly, but I do not know where to look to resolve this issue. Water occasionally leaks out onto the floor as well.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

yes its definitely a stopped up defrost drain, remove the back panel of the freezer and below the evaporator you will see a metal plate with a hole in the center, that is the defrost drain that will need to be unstopped, you can accomplish that by using a air hose if you have one or a thick piece of wire, or a plastic tube that you can blow into and hot water will usually do the trick as well.

I am now working on your answer so

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service AT This Time by clicking on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Happy Holidays!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank u, removing back panel from behind freezer?
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

yes you can remove the panel without taking the unit from where its located, you can remove it from the inside.

Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

if you give me the model number I can be specific as how to do it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model # ***** LH ,GE Monogram freezer.
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

ok im gonna give you repair instructions how to do this but you need to rate me as you have not done that yet, thanks.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! In the diagram at the link below, number 6577 will need to be removed. The defrost drain is in the middle of the part numbered 5005. That is where the build up will be and need to be thawed.