Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

GE Profile side by side PFS22SISBSS not cooling. Replaced

Customer Question

GE Profile side by side PFS22SISBSS not cooling. Replaced main control board, ohmed the compressor 7 ohms, 14 ohms and 22 ohms no short circuits
all fans now operating, cannot tell if compressor is running it feels like vibration left it run overnite and conpressor is warm/hot to the touch but no cooling apparent in the internal fridge compartments.
Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while
I apologize as I try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now
available to help you with your question. Give me just a minute and I will be right with you working on your answer now. Thanks.

If the fans are running, and the compressor is warm to the touch, and there is no cooling in the unit, then it has a freon leak somewhere in the system and in order to fix it, the leak will have to be located, repaired then a vacuum will have to pulled on the system and then recharged with freon. This is a very technical repair and will have to be done by a qualified repair technician that has the proper license in your state. One way to tell if its low on freon, is (carefully), while the compressor is running feel the little freon line coming out of the compressor, the small line not the large one, it should be hot almost too hot to touch, if it's not then you know there is no freon in the system.

I am now working on your answer so

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service AT This Time by clicking on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Happy Holidays!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this unit is 10 years old and according to internet has had lots of problems especially the master board which I replaced because fridge would not even start the fans without it ($200) It this unit worth pouring more money into it? Not sure how much this system recharge will run me?

depends on where the leak is located as to how much or even if it can be repaired, for instance if its in the evaporator and it has to be replaced the repair could far exceed 400.00. If its just in a line that is easy accessible it would probably be in the 300-400 range, me personally on unit that old If I were a repair man at your home I would advise you to replace the unit before sinking that kind of money into it.

Happy holidays.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
U too
thanks

please dont forget to click on the rating system for me, thanks again.

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.