Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

My jenn air jes9860bas started shutting off randomly while

Customer Question

My jenn air jes9860bas started shutting off randomly while baking. Prior to that, it was not holding a temperature. Now, when I push the control panel to turn on the fan, a light that says warming drawer comes on with high or low options. When high or low are pressed, the fan comes on. We replaced the oven sensor hoping to fix the oven shutting off, but it did not help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 11 months ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

You have a electronic control board issue.

You can try to unplug the oven or turn the circuit breaker off for 5 minutes or more then power it back up to reboot the control board if that does not do it you will need to replace the electronic control board /clock .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Oven-Control-Board/8507P23460/1603271?rcaid=1000070
If you have any questions just reply back.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The front control panel with clock or the back electronic control panel/motherboard? The front has been replaced once.

the control with the LCD read out screen is the main control board it is right behind the keypad assembly

Ir would not be the control panel /key board because when you press the keys you do get a response just the wrong response.

So it is an electronic control board issue.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the electronic control board is behind the keyboard in the front?

Yes the control board is item #5 in this parts break down.

http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/2/0/00030072/680/900

I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time