Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

How do switch the demo mode off on my OP8631S?

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 11 months ago.

after referring to the user manual I found no mention of a demo mode, if you killed the power at the unit by turning the breaker off how long did you leave it off for? You should leave it off for 10 minutes this will give all the capacitors in the board time to drain and will reset it to factory conditions, if this does not work then you likely have failed control board. if you see the lock icon on hold the lock key down for a few seconds and the lock should disappear allowing the unit to function properly again.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that if you feel I have tried to help you to the best of my ability and have taken the time to help you Kindly do the same for me and take the time this time to rate my service by clicking on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there). This will let others know that I am willing to help them also. Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Happy Holidays!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Switched off for more than 10 minutes but still in demo mode

the only other information i could find on it is this and I don't know if it applies to your model oven or not:

Ensure the oven is in the off state. Press and hold the + button until a beep sounds. The 'Demo' text will begin to flash. 2. While holding the + button turn the function selector to the first oven function until another beep is heard. 3. Then turn the function selector to the 'off' position. 4. Release the + button. 5. Toggle and hold the temperature selector to the right (+) until 3 beeps sound. The 'Demo' text will no longer be lit and the oven will function normally

rerate

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support!.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry but I really think it was a waste of time paying for this service as you didn't come up with anything of any use whatsoever! If that's the best you can do it was a total waste of time and money

well I will opt out of the question then maybe another tech can tell you how to do it I can't find anything on it.