Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a Wolf microwave that is not heating. How do I reset

Customer Question

I have a Wolf microwave that is not heating. How do I reset it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 11 months ago.

If the microwave runs but does not heat then magnetron has gone bad and will have to be replaced and unless you high experience working with high voltage I would recommend having a qualified technician do the repair for you because microwaves hold very high amounts of voltage even when not connected to a power source. also when you replace the magnetron you need to replace the diode as well. I'm not sure what the unit costs, but the repair just for the parts will be a few hundred. I could not locate that model number anywhere so I could not locate part numbers for you, the model should be located on the unit somewhere.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that if you feel I have tried to help you to the best of my ability and have taken the time to help you Kindly do the same for me and take the time this time to rate my service by clicking on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there). This will let others know that I am willing to help them also. Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Happy Holidays!

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support!.