Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a samsung dishwasher the model is dmt400rhb it fills

Customer Question

Customer: i have a samsung dishwasher the model is dmt400rhb it fills and then wont start just pumps the water back out
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: thats just about all i can tell you it will come on pump the water out fill up and just start pumping the water out
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 11 months ago.

does the pump run all the time unless you turn the unit off?

if then the dishwasher means that the water went into flood mode. The unit goes into flood mode if either the drain line backs up which is usually caused if the disposal gets clogged and water back flows into the dishwasher. The other option is that the electronic water valve isn't sealing up so over time the tub is filling up with water slowly causing it to overflow so the electronic water valve would need to be replaced below the dishwasher. In the mean time, you will need to un-install the dishwasher and tip it forward to drain all the water out of the base pan below the tub onto a towel you lay on the floor. Once the water is removed, the dishwasher should stop running the drain pump constantly and the error should be gone. If it runs and the error comes back then you have a leak somewhere in the unit and it will have to found an repaired.

I am now working on your answer so

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service AT This Time by clicking on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Happy Holidays!

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I found my paper work and found that it is still in ware th
warrenty will just have it fixed

Ok good glad to hear it's still under warranty.