Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Our mer6872 dual oven trips breaker after cleaning? used a

Customer Question

our mer6872 dual oven trips breaker after cleaning? used a small amount of water after cleaning cycle now it trips breaker
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.
.

During the month of December, all ratings of 3 stars or more, 1/2 of the payment will be donated to help homeless veterans, also all tips given will be donated to 100% to Autism Support Groups.

Did the cleaning go with out any problem..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
then my wife decided to clean up with spray cleaner, heard a popping noise and tripped breaker. reset breaker several times. last time reset breaker with plug out. plug was half way back in when main breaker for house tripped. have not tried to plug in again.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

you will need to remove the back rear cover of the range. When your wife was cleaning may have bumped the element and shorted it to ground. Making it ground out and pop the breaker.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Tips are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

I noticed that the question is still open, if there is nothing else you need, please rate my service to you today, so I may be credited with helping you...