Alex Herbert
Alex Herbert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Technician
89986336

Baking element needs replacing. Have replacement. Model #

Customer Question

Customer: baking element needs replacing. Have replacement. Model # ***** 2002 year purchased. Removed two screws but only one connector came out. The other stayed in. How to proceed to get other connector out? Bill Strouse
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Connector that slips on to new baking element is out on left side but stayed inside hole on the right side. Can't see it so need to get inside to run thru the hole either from the back or remove the cover from the inside? Any suggestions or cut sheets on the range?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alex Herbert replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is Alex. I will be happy to answer your question. Try shinning a flashlight threw the hole and see if you can see the wire. If you can see it try grabbing it with a pair of needle nose pliers. Otherwise, you can access it from the back. Once the range is pulled out from the wall the rear panel is removable by taking out the rear panel screws.

Hopefully your problem is solved. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Please rate my service by using the star rating system at the top of the page. This is how I am credited for my time. If you have any additional questions about this issue, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com. Have a great day.