Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE/Hotpoint Stove...about 3 years old. The flame on

Customer Question

I have a GE/Hotpoint Stove...about 3 years old. The flame on the top burners is usually
blue but today I noted all four burners are orange in color. Is this something dangerous?
Can I use my stove until I can get a tech out next week? We are in Illinois.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.
.

During the month of December, all ratings of 3 stars or more, 1/2 of the payment will be donated to help homeless veterans, also all tips given will be donated to 100% to Autism Support Groups.

Does the flames leaving soot on anything?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Provided the flames are not extremely large and sooting, the issue is probably temporary and caused by an additive used by the gas company. I suspect it will return to normal in a day or two. Let me know if you still have trouble with it.