John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My Whirlpool front load washer is blinking "door locked" and

Customer Question

My Whirlpool front load washer is blinking "door locked" and I am unable to unlock it. No other lights are on. I was trying to start a load and cancelled the program. Now the door will not open.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 11 months ago.

Hi. I'm Smitty and I will be helping you with your problem.

Please give me a few minuets to look up your model.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok, standing by

Is this a steam model?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It has steam capability

Okay. I have to go to the tech site for the information. Be a few minuets.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you still there?

yes

Searching the tech site for the technical documents for your unit.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am about to end this call if I don't hear something from you. Please let me know something.

I am sorry but I am unable to locate any information for your unit. the steam models were not documented well by the manufacturer, and I have very little experience with them. I will opt out and another expert may be able to assist you.

As for getting the unit open there is a panel at the bottom of the unit. a couple screws along the bottom holds it on. Pull it off and reach up inside the unit near the door lock. there is a small tab that you pull down on to unlock the unit.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok, will try this.
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.
.

During the month of December, all ratings of 3 stars or more, 1/2 of the payment will be donated to help homeless veterans, also all tips given will be donated to 100% to Autism Support Groups.

If you get the door open, you can get the actual model number from the door opening area of the machine, Let me know what it is.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Smithy & Chas, I was able to unplug it and push the "Control Lock" - everything went blank and then I was able to restart it. Thank you both for trying.I do not expect to be charged as I was able to figure it out while waiting.Thank you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do not need any more assistance at this time. Please let me know if you will be charging me or not.