Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Heritage oven and I 't know how to make the oven

Customer Question

I have a Heritage oven and I don't know how to make the oven turn on? I just bought this condo with this oven already here.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

It sounds like before may have just been a coincidence by toggling the manual timer switch. You could have a bad switch, but more likely is that your oven igniter is just getting weak and needs to be replaced. You'd need a multimeter to test power going down to the igniter on your bake burner but if you have 110 volts between the 2 wires going to the bake burner and the oven gas valve isn't opening to turn the oven on, your igniter just needs to be replaced. These igniters are designed to last about 6-8 years before they get weak and can't open the oven gas valve anymore for safety reasons so that is the most likely cause.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.