Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My oven was sparking at the back and now has no heat. can it

Customer Question

my oven was sparking at the back and now has no heat. can it be repaired?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

It sounds like the power cord has likely shorted out on the back of the oven. Pull the dryer forward and unplug the unit. Remove the back access panel where the power cord enters the back of the dryer. If the wire connections are burnt, you'll need to replace the power cord and possibly the terminal block if the block is damaged. This commonly happens long after the appliance was installed but it's usually due to the terminals not being tightened down enough when the power cord was originally installed.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
my appliance is an oven not a dryer. your advice is not relevant to my situation

Sorry I used the wrong word, it's an accident. I was talking about your oven. I'm not sure why I said dryer 2 times but what I was talking about was your oven.