Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a amanan asdwrb01 vertical doors i am having a

Customer Question

Customer: Hello.., i have a amanan asdwrb01 vertical doors i am having a problem of intermittent coolin
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes i pulled it down yesterday.. checked the cap relay ..well took it off & on opened the inside panel.. to the evaporator after awile it all got nice & frosty again & cold before i left last nioght .. then today it stop cooling again alos also the compressor will get hot butt doesnt cool to the evaporator when its like this.. ..makes any sense..?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CORRECT model number is *****
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the compressor is getting hot but it won't cool, your piston inside the compressor is locking up which is a common way for these Amana compressors to fail I'm sorry to say. Unplugging the refrigerator for a little while will allow the compressor to cool down and the piston will free up, but it will eventually heat up, swell, and stall again in the future. The entire compressor needs to be replaced to resolve this issue and that is a $650 repair unfortunately.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.