Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Arno, i think I have a broken drain pump in my dishwasher

Customer Question

Customer: Arno, i think I have a broken drain pump in my dishwasher
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it is a Miele G643 plus. The red light comes on saying problem with water in or outlet. Water pumps into the machine but it does not pump out
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I'm from the netherlands
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 11 months ago.

Hello, usually debris gets inside the drain pump and stops the impeller from rotating. It's usually just a matter of cleaning the pump out. Unfortunately, to do just about anything on these units they needs to be removed from under the counter to be serviced. You need be extremely handy to even clean the pump on these units just because the access is such a pain.. I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off. Thanks!