Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a G E microwave that won't turn on when you t the

Customer Question

I have a G E microwave that won't turn on when you hit the "start" button.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

the touch pad is going out not sending the signal out properly to the control board, it may be that the pad is just bad or the ribbon cable between the touch pad and the control board is either bad or needs to be cleaned, you will have to take the microwave apart if you want to try and clean the ribbon cable contacts, which at this point is your only option because the touchpad itself is no longer being made by the manufacturer its Part #: WB27X278, you may find one on ebay or amazon.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that if you feel I have tried to help you to the best of my ability and have taken the time to help you Kindly do the same for me and take the time this time to rate my service by clicking on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there). This will let others know that I am willing to help them also. Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Happy Holidays!

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support!.

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.