Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Rod, Whirlpool Cabrio having issues, with changing cycles.

Customer Question

Customer: Rod, Whirlpool Cabrio having issues, with changing cycles. Will not fill up with water or wash.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Just seems to be having issues since we had to change one of the water hoses.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while
I apologize as I try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now
available to help you with your question.

I know this is pretty obvious but I have to ask this first:

did you turn the water back on that supplied the machine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok can your hear the lid lock engage?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its red....then 30 seconds later pops on and off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now its locked but no water...just Sensitizing

ok follow this video and let me know what error codes if any come op:

VIDEO

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No cancel button on this model

could you give me the model number please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WTW5800BW0

ok give me a moment to pull up this model thanks.

Enter diagnostic mode:

Follow these instructions - click here

then get the error codes by doing this - click here

let me know what errors come up thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
F8 & E1

Fault is displayed when main control senses water level that exceeds the washer’s capacity

so what I will do now is upload the service manual that will show you how to perform the proper tests to diagnose what component is at fault. give me a sec thanks.

• See TEST #2: Valves, page 13 and TEST #6: Water Level, page 17.

Service Manual

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that if you feel I have tried to help you to the best of my ability and have taken the time to help you Kindly do the same for me and take the time this time to rate my service by clicking on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there). This will let others know that I am willing to help them also. Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Happy Holidays!

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support!.

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.