Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My wife did a a self clean on our FE710DRS and now the oven

Customer Question

My wife did a a self clean on our FE710DRS and now the oven display won't work and the oven door is locked what do I do
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like your thermal fuse/high limit thermostat tripped when the oven was in self clean which is a fairly common issue on these ovens when going through self clean since the oven gets so hot. To access the fuse you'll need to pull the oven forward and unplug the oven. Remove all the screws going into the back sheet metal panel and the back sheet metal panel will pull off so you can see the fuse which looks like the part in the link below. if there is no continuity through the fuse then replace it.

CLICK HERE to see high limit fuse

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.