Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Model number JFC2089HTB When I change the water filter there

Customer Question

Model number JFC2089HTB When I change the water filter there is a sudden rush of water as I would expect with the new filter, but within a few seconds the flow is reduced to about the same as it was before the filter change. Have verified the filter number.
Robert
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 11 months ago.

There may be some air in the system flush the system a little more and it might go back to normal if not, the remove the water line off of the water inlet valve and look for debris or anything that might have the valve stopped up some, this especially the case when you have copper water lines connected to the unit calcium deposits tend to build up and clog up the line, if you find nothing that could be clogging it up, then replace the water inlet valve because the solenoid is not allowing the valve to open up properly.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that if you feel I have tried to help you to the best of my ability and have taken the time to help you Kindly do the same for me and take the time this time to rate my service by clicking on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there). This will let others know that I am willing to help them also. Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Happy Holidays!

ok then replace the water inlet valve and the problem persists replace the water filter assembly housing.