Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Yesterday I replaced the light bulb in my SAMSUNG 1816S

Customer Question

Hello. Yesterday I replaced the light bulb in my SAMSUNG 1816S MICROWAVE.TODAY THE UNIT IS DEAD .NO POWER ,NO LIGHT NO NOTHING.CIRCUT BREAKERS ALL GOOD..WHAT MIGHT BE WRONG
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So you either have a bad fuse in your noise filter, or the display board is shorted if the unit has no power at all right now. You'll need to remove the control panel to locate the noise filter. There are screws coming in from the top of the vent above the door. Remove these screws and pull the vent panel off. That will expose a screw at the top of the control panel. Remove this screw and the control panel will slide up and then hinge forward and down. Below is the noise filter you're looking for back inside the control cavity to the right of the microwave cavity.

CLICK HERE for noise filter picture

With the microwave unplugged, remove the 2 cylinder fuses and test continuity through them or replace the fuses. If the fuses are good, then the entire front display board would need to be replaced because it's shorted.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.