Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I just replaced the main board of my refrigerator and

Customer Question

Customer: I just replaced the main board of my refrigerator and plugged everything back in but no luck it is still not working. No fan or anything going, except the lights are working. The front display is not working either.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It is a GE GSL22JFXA model side by side. Some clicking sounds over time, recently the water would go and then stop that has been off and on. Now all the things are stopped except the lights.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

If the display isn't illuminated and you replaced the main control board, the only thing left would be the display board itself. There are no fuses or cut outs that would stop the display from illuminating. Do make sure the wire harness connection above the door which goes through the top door hinge isn't broken and make sure the pins aren't burnt if you pull apart the connection and look at the plug itself. If that all checks good, then order and replace the display board which is part number WR55X23210.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is there any way to identify if the front control part is the problem? How does this generate or have control over the condenser and fan? Is there anyway to reset anything after installing the board? The other thing is the ground cable from the board couldn't reach the screw, so I had to add a wire to that and put that around the screw when I put the plate back on. Can I use a multimeter on any connections to see if it is the front control panel?

The display is blank, the board is new. All you can do is check the wire connection at the top of the door and if that checks good then you replace the display board. The display board is what tells the main board how to work so without a display then the refrigerator can't run. There unfortunately isn't anything you can do with a multimeter for this issue since the 2 boards communicate with one another and those connections aren't testable. The display would just need to be replaced if the wires at the top of the hinge are good.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Main board replaced, front display replaced still nothing has changed. Is there any type of reset button, any time of recycling? I would have thought there was a way to test out a board or troubleshoot prior to just replacing piece by piece.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the issue is still with the main board in the back of the cabinet. What was the part number of the board that you installed? Did you buy it new?