Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I set the oven at 295,wait until reaches temperature plus a

Customer Question

I set the oven at 295,wait until reaches temperature plus a few minutes,open the oven door
for 3 minutes,hear the heater element a few times,on and off.
The display never changes,which makes me think the display is the setpoint,not oven temperature.
I could test with a thermocouple what the actual oven air temperature is,but first I would like to know if there is another way built-in,to observe oven temperature.
I would not be doing this exercise but my wife literally hates this oven (3 years trying to get expected results).
Is there a way to disable the energy saver?
Thank you
A second question: can we permanently disable the
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.
.

During the month of December, all ratings of 3 stars or more, 1/2 of the payment will be donated to help homeless veterans, also all tips given will be donated to 100% to Autism Support Groups.

The ideal way is to use the thermocouple in 8 oz cooking oil and preheat the oven for 20 minutes then put the oil and thermocouple into the oven and wait 30 minutes to see if it holds within about 35 degrees, most ovens will allow you to adjust up or down that amount. There are no other real way to make an accurate determination on this.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Tips are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory