Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Installed a new Bosch SHP65T55UC/07 dishwasher yesterday.

Customer Question

Installed a new Bosch SHP65T55UC/07 dishwasher yesterday. Used the new preattached water hose and drain hose that came with the unit and got rid of mine. My wife says it's not working in ANY cycle and beeps. So I reset per the instructions by holding down the button for 3 seconds and waiting a minute. I then ran the 30 minute cycle to test. It started beeping (for 3 minutes straight) approximately 4 minutes after starting. Called CS and the tech said I likely need to add more rinse aid. He then said a certain brand works best. Seemed ridiculous and it was. For we used exactly what he recommended for both granular and rinse aid and it still doesn't work. Dished come out dry, but simple cleaning like mashed potato residue, fingerprints on glasses, and sausage grease on plates sill visible. Feels like a water issue to me, but I have no idea. Even though the unit is new, the soonest we will have a rep is next Friday! Thought maybe someone here could help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

It does sound like a water issue, have you checked what the water level is in the dishwasher when it begins the cycle(when the circulation pump kicks on). It could be that you have low water pressure and the machine is not filling in the time frame the washer is set on, some models you can lengthen the time for the unit to let water in for homes with low water pressure. Also you may want to check that the filter is clean maybe some paper work or trash got in it and the circulation pump is not able to produce enough pressure, beyond those two things it will be a part replacement issue.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that if you feel I have tried to help you to the best of my ability and have taken the time to help you Kindly do the same for me and take the time this time to rate my service by clicking on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there). This will let others know that I am willing to help them also. Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Happy Holidays!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how high should it be? I didn't see anything in the unit and with it being new and tested, I think it unlikely. Do you know how to permit the increased water pressure? We always thought the last was sure didn't have enough water either. With the Bosch water savings features, perhaps thieves now more of an issue. We appear to have good water pressure in our showers, etc. but that does seem like a real possibility.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, should be wassure, not was sure, and there's not thrives. Also, how to permit it to take more time for the lower water pressure.

the water level should be just under the heating element and right at the bottom of the float.

If the water level is ok, I have checked the service manual on your unit and it does not have the option to change times but it does have a water hardness setting that affects the amount of rinse aid and detergent used which could be your issue as well, try adjusting it to a higher level this will help with the cleaning issue, to do this follow the directions on the diagram linked below try setting it to H:05 and see how that works.

Diagram

settings

please remember to rate me, Happy Holidays!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let's try that again: So how high should it be? I didn't see anything in the unit and with it being new and tested, I think it unlikely. Do you know how to permit it to accept the lower water pressure? We always thought the last dishwasher didn't have enough water either. With the Bosch water savings features, perhaps there is now more of an issue. We appear to have good water pressure in our showers, etc. but that does seem like a real possibility. Or is there a way to increase the pressure at the valve? The dishwasher has its own valve (not shared with the kitchen sink)

well if you have the valve turned all the way open that supplies the dishwasher then there is nothing else to be done, besides calling out a plumber to investigate the water pressure issue.

but as long as the dishwasher has the water levels I mentioned earlier it's not a water pressure issue as it is filling to the proper level.

once the water is in the dishwasher the water pressure is controlled by the circulation pump, not the water pressure on the home.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Joel, I'll try these tonight and let you know how it works out.

sure thanks, ***** ***** meantime:

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.