Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

There is ice on the top of the freezer door. the drawer is

Customer Question

there is ice on the top of the freezer door. the drawer is closed. can't find a drain. the number of my fridge isKFCS22EVMS2. no freezer frost on the food on;y on the inside top front of the drawer. the light has turned on again maybe working because the freezer door is open
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while
I apologize as I try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now
available to help you with your question.

as far as the light is concerned there is a door switch that is contacted whenever the door is open or closed so that when the door is opened the light comes on and when it is closed the light goes off, so that is normal.

The only way that ice can build up where you are talking about is the door was not closed properly and was letting outside air in and the moisture in the air freezes and causes that or the door gasket is bad letting air seep in. You will also want to check that when the door is closed that it's not sagging causing a small gap at the top of the gasket this can happen as well.

Most times when I see this issue it's because a small child or an elderly person thought the door was closed when in fact it was not, as those bottom drawers can become heavy when loaded down with food and can be difficult to close properly.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that if you feel I have tried to help you to the best of my ability and have taken the time to help you Kindly do the same for me and take the time this time to rate my service by clicking on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there). This will let others know that I am willing to help them also. Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Happy Holidays!

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support!.

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.