Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

What does F24 mean on my 2004 thermador oven

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F24 is a very straight forward error, your touchpad is failing. If the issue tends to happen when the oven has been on for a while, that's common because the heat from the oven will cause the touchpad to act up and think that you're pressing and holding a button when you're not. Of course the unit shouldn't act up in this manner normally, but the touchpad will need to be replaced to get it working normally again. You can order the part from Repairclinic.com or Searspartsdirect.com if you give them your full model number, but the touchpad generally costs about $375 just as a warning so you're not in sticker shock. Below is a link to the touchpad.

CLICK HERE for touch pad to order if you like

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?