John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Kenmore elite Smartheat Quietpak9 HE5 gas dryer will not

Customer Question

Customer: Kenmore elite Smartheat Quietpak9 HE5 gas dryer will not heat. have cleaned lint filter and confirmed output clear. ***** ***** is name
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: All buttons/lights operate, motor runs but drum does not heat. You can hear the ignitor click a few seconds after the motor starts but the burner unit does not light.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how long
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If you remove the screws below the lower front panel and start the dryer, do you see the igniter glowing on and off when the dryer should be heating even though it's not actually heating?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
let me go and remove the panel and observe the ignitor - give me about 20 minutes
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

ok