Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I stared to do the self cleaning cycle on my Whirlpool self

Customer Question

I stared to do the self cleaning cycle on my Whirlpool self cleaning oven, but the door would not lock. Now I can't cancel theprocess
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the door wouldn't lock it means that the oven thinks it's in the middle of the locking process. Try to flip the circuit breaker off on your house for the oven for 5 minutes. Flip the breaker back on and see if the oven will reset. If not then unfortunately the door latch would need to be replaced before you can use your oven again I'm sorry to say because it's stuck somewhere between the opened and closed position so it's not sure whether it's safe to heat or not.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.