Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We had multiple power failures yesterday. The power is back

Customer Question

We had multiple power failures yesterday. The power is back on but the control panel for my Amana oven does not light up. Light above range and oven light both work, so I believe power is getting to the stove.
Has my control panel failed...and is it something I can replace myself?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

If your stove is definitely getting power from the outlet on your house, the display board has just failed. There are no fuses or cut outs that will stop the display from illuminating on this model stove. The really bad news is that the display board is no longer made. You would need part number 31944801 if you could locate one, and if not then you will need to send your old display board to a place like Appliancetimers.com to have the board refurbished which usually costs about $200 and takes 2 weeks or so to get it back.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.