Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

We have a Maytag refrigerator that has an intermittent

Customer Question

We have a Maytag refrigerator that has an intermittent problem. Every now and then, the user interface panel goes dark. The solenoids do not fire to get water or ice, we can not control the temperture, etc.
I have replaced the HV control board in the back and the user interface panel pcb in the front to no avail.
The freezer and refrigerator still work, along with the ice maker but we can not get water or ice through the front dispenser.
Frustrating
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.
.

During the month of December, all ratings of 3 stars or more, 1/2 of the payment will be donated to help homeless veterans, also all tips given will be donated to 100% to Autism Support Groups.

I was working for Maytag when this model came out, And I the problem when this happen, was the touch pad itself would short out, taking out the display and other problems 95% of the time, have you replaced the touch pad on the front of the machine..??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not, makes sense though
I am trying to find one on the web
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Try ebay, That is where I find them cheap.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Also

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Click here

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Tips are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

I noticed that the question is still open, if there is nothing else you need, please rate my service to you today, so I may be credited with helping you...

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Did you replace the part I recommended yet?