Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Icemaker Kenmore Maytag Amana D7824706Q 626661 RIM943 Will

Customer Question

Icemaker for Whirlpool Kenmore Maytag Amana D7824706Q 626661 RIM943
Will not activate ice maker solenoid.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only been 12 hours??
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the refrigerator to better assist you ?

That way I can bring up the units wire diagram.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I WILL HAVE TO GO BACK TO MY SISTERS AND LOOK AT IT. Threw it away after I ordered the ice maker unit. Will advise. Thanks CMC

ok when you go back to the unit you can take a small jumper wire made out of a short piece of insulated #12 wire and the ends stripped back about 1/2 inch with you and on the front of the icemaker remove the white square cover and with the jumper wire jump to the T to the H and once it starts to move remove the jumper and see if the unit will then cycle and fill with water

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Simple enough. Will do and advise. Thanks CMC

this may help you too

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again! I called my sister and got the #'s prior to going back. As follows: Model # ***** Serial # *****
Anything else I should know prior to returning? FYI - Have VOM and am familiar with using if required. Thanks CMC

Thank you!

Yes just jump T to H and once it starts to move remove the jumper or it will cycle but not fill if you do not remove the jumper and you can test voltage to the water inlet valve as the rake arms get to the 12 o`clock position and you can also jump L to V to get just the valve to be energized.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do and advise.

No problem I will be on limited amount tomorrow and not at all on Christmas so If we do not talk have a Very Merry Christmas!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand. You do the same!

Thank you1

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All is well in Mudville! My sister is the dumbest person on Gods created earth! Went there to check it out and perform diagnostics and found an almost full bin of ice. When questioned she said, "Well it didn't fill up right away, and when I looked last it was only half full. That's why I said it was only working intermittently". Mind you 3 people are constantly getting ice from the door. Her next comment was, "Well it doesn't make that sound and re-fill the ice maker right after it dumps. It seems to wait a few minutes before I hear the water cycle in. The old unit filled right away". I told her it may have a different cycle time programed in but what the hell is the difference its making ice! I did jumper T & H and watch the cycle, then L & V to fill the ice unit and all worked well. Except I left L & V in to long and over filled. Dah! Thanks for your help. You know your products. Merry Christmas. Craig
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
System won't accept my excellent rating???? Curser over excellent star and left click and it does nothing???

Craig I will send you the rating link with this post.

Thank you and have a Very Merry Christmas!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey this thing won't take my credit card! It is a good card! No balance! Paid off each month with a 20k limit? I have tried 2 times since the original input the other day. I have verified all #'s inputted are correct. Please advise ASAP. I want you to get paid! Craig

Craig I do not have anything to do with money for this site .

Just Answer admin does all of that We experts do not even get to see your personal info .

Can you contact Just Answer admin for the issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tell me how??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried one more time and it looks like it finally went through?

That I honestly do not know ,let me send this to customer service and see if they can help you!

Customer trying to give an accept but it is not allowing them to do so !!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Checked my account and you are finally paid! Wow that's harder than fixing the ice maker! LOL

ok

Glad it finally took !

You have a Merry Christmas Craig!!

that is such a great name .

I`m originally from Craig Missouri population 326 , northwest Missouri!!