Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Not much. the ref/frzr runs about 5 seconds quits couple of

Customer Question

Not much. the ref/frzr runs about 5 seconds quits for a couple of minutes then runs another 5 seconds and repeats the same. This occurred after a thunder storm and power was off. Power went off a couple of times. It was a little bit later we noticed the problem.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not get an email for password
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Extended DIY Guidance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can call me at(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure what is happening could someone fill me in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
was my visa card accepted?
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.
.

During the month of December, all ratings of 3 stars or more, 1/2 of the payment will be donated to help homeless veterans, also all tips given will be donated to 100% to Autism Support Groups.

Are you still there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry about the delay, we are real busy here today, just before Christmas. Do you have access to the back of the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not right now. I was going to try the phone, but I had better luck with the computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had better luck when my furnace went out. The service was great.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I wanted to make sure that the overload was bad or good.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean that the overload was bad or good?
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

If the overload is bad, then we can replace that, depending on what overload yo uhave, they used two types back then, if you shack it and it rattles it is bad. If it does not rattle, you have a locked up compressor and a $600 repair bill.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please identify what you mean by overload.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

The overload is attached to the side of the compressor, it could be grey in color or beige depending when it was built..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to have my son move the unit out so we can get at the problem.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Let me know what color the overload is, also if it is a beige one, remove it, and shake it, tell me if it rattles, there should be no noise when you shake it....

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Tips are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The overload could that be a condenser? The only thing attached has a spring holding it. It is black and it does not rattle.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

it is attached to the compressor and would have to remove the spring to get it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we removed it; it was pluged into the side of the compressor, we removed it shook it and it did not rattle.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

does it look like this one?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it is round with the plug on the flat part of the end.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

then it looks like this one

also what brand name is ***** ***** compressor, does it say EMBARCO or Techumsaha?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do those look round like a can of soup? Think of a two prongs sticking out of a tomatoe paste can on the end and go into the compressor; on the other is a gizmo to hold it in with a spring. I will try and find the brand tomorrow.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Okay

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no printing on the compressor, every thing is painted a shiny black, coils everything.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Is there a picture of an Indian on the compressor?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Can you post a picture of the compressor for me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try when I can get my son to move ref/frz, I am on a walker and it is difficult to mov large items.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Thank you