Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Samsung microwave will not stop running, but doesn't heat

Customer Question

Samsung microwave will not stop running, but doesn't heat while running.
! Shows up on controls
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 11 months ago.

any time a microwave runs but does not heat, the magnetron is bad and will have to replaced in order to repair it and it's a very dangerous repair because microwaves hold high voltage even when not connected to power. Unless you have experience dealing with high voltage and electronics I would not suggest you attempt this repair on your own. Also I am not sure what that model microwave costs but the repair will be a few hundred as the magnetron is prob 100.00 or so and then the diode was also need to be replaced at the same time which is around 30.00.

If you would like part numbers let me know and I will be glad to get them for you. Thanks.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that if you feel I have tried to help you to the best of my ability and have taken the time to help you Kindly do the same for me and take the time this time to rate my service by clicking on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there). This will let others know that I am willing to help them also. Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Happy Holidays!

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support!.

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.