John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Kitchenaid KEBC427 double wall oven. I removed the

Customer Question

I have a Kitchenaid KEBC427 double wall oven. I removed the touchpad panel to do some continuity testing (after turning off power at electrical panel). I am having trouble getting it back on properly. The tabs on the sides seem to be too low after I engage the top lip of the chassis onto the frame. Is there trick?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 11 months ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
Please get the full number off the appliance itself.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
kebc247vss02

Thank you 1

You need to put the bottom in first then the top

And it should just drop in !

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Bottom is inplace, but tabs on each side now are too low to engage chassis - does not snap into place.

I noticed your request for a phone call. Unfortunately, that's not something I'm able to do.
I`m an expert that works from my own appliance repair business in a remote location and not in a Just Answer office.
I'm happy to continue corresponding with you here directly on your question page.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Your advice did not help me. The top of the panel has tabs which need to be locked in place onto oven chassis before securing the bottom. Thank you, ***** ***** trying. I was able to get it back in place when I realized the chassis needed to be pulled out slightly from the cabinetry to get the correct angle to engage the tabs. Thanks again and Merry Christmas!