Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I used the auto clean stove yesterday. Today the door is

Customer Question

I used the auto clean for my stove yesterday. Today the door is locked still and the panel dark. The switch was thrown. I set it back , the burners are now working, but the door and panel continue not responding.
Question: Could it be a simple problem, or is the stove done? Dorothy, (###) ###-####
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 11 months ago.

Hello, it's not a simple problem. You have a faulty control board most liekly. You will need a new part to fix the issue. I wish I had better news for you. The repair on average cost roughly $400 to fix. You could buy a new unit for that or very close to it. I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off. Thanks!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It was ok, but I still needed clarification - by "unit" is that a part or the stove? Does the $400 cost for the part or includes labor. I would have much preferred a call which I thought it would be, so appreciate the answer but not really satisfied.

Hi Dorothy, the control board on your oven has failed. It's shorted and needs to be replaced. It's actually a fairly common issue on these stoves. The repair to fix this problem is on average around $400 to fix.

I have poor reception where I'm located now. I'm sorry I was unable to fulfill your phone call request. Maybe next time.

I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off. Thanks!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you! Appreciate the quick answer!

You're most welcome. Merry Christmas.