Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

, I have a Gaggenau convection steam oven ED231610/05

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a Gaggenau convection steam oven ED231610/05 that is not getting up to the set temp.. Also, the max temp is low.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, I would also like to know if it is possible to get a repair manual for this oven.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the oven sensor may be faulty. The manual has a resistance chart that you can test it with. The service manual for your machine is available for download at the URL below.

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the link to the service manual. I had already changed out the temp sensor and it didn't fix the problem. I went through all the test sequences and discovered that the inner heating element is not getting hot (test 07.01).
So, now the question is whether it's the element that is bad or the power relays for the element. In the 'Remark' column for test 7, it indicates "Relays 1 + 10/ 1800 Watt", does this mean there are two relays used for this element?
I can hear a click when the element is activated, but can't tell if both relays (1+10) have activated. Which do you think is most likely, bad element or bad relay? How are the connections made to the heater? Can they come loose?Also, there is some type of sealing material used on the heater ring mounting flange, but none is shown in the exploded parts diagram. What is the material that is used to seal the heater ring assembly and where can I get it?
Is there another repair manual available that gives disassembly instructions?TX,
Sandy
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

That is the only manual I have for that unit. Is the element getting voltage, can you measure?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The oven is a real pain to remove for servicing. I've done it once for the temp sensor and was hoping not to have to do it again until I had the new parts in hand. Have you had any experience as to which part is most likely to fail between relay and heater? Are the heater contacts accessible once the side panel is off, I wasn't looking for them the first time I opened it up. If they are, I could measure voltage without having to disconnect everything.
Also, any thoughts on the sealant they use for the heater element flange?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I have no first hand experience with this model. The relay board would be most likely to fail but the only way to know is to measure the voltage. I will place your question back to the list for others to see. Perhaps another has worked on this exact model.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** your help.