Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My name is ***** ***** my water pump quit (I'm on a well)

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** Young my water pump quit (I'm on a well) and the washing machine quit and now I have unplugged the washer and plugged it back in a lot of times but the door will not unlock. None of the buttons work either.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the model number is *****
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

So the washer doesn't unlock sometimes when unplugging it and plugging it back in because your water pump (water valve) failed and needs to be replaced. It's all related to the washer not filling up with water quick enough. If the washer determines it didn't fill up within 5 minutes to the appropriate level, then it goes into flood mode and the drain pump just keeps running for 30 minutes straight in case the sensor isn't reading properly and the washer really is flooding your house because it's overfilling. Until that 30 minutes is done, the washer will not unlock the door so if you unplug the washer the timer stops and it won't count down the 30 minutes. Below is a link to the water valve on the back of your washer that you need to order and replace to resolve the issue.

CLICK HERE for valve

Being on a well, this is likely not going to be the only time this water valve fails.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.