Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Was working fine but set it on cleaning mode and cleaned

Customer Question

Customer: Was working fine but set it on cleaning mode and cleaned for 3 hours without interruption did not touch elements. did not clean by handaftrer cleaning finished.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Next time I went to use oven nothing. No heat, no broil, and no trouible shooting codes. What to do next as key pad seem functional.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: can do either need to get it working or replaced.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.
.

During the month of December, all ratings of 3 stars or more, 1/2 of the payment will be donated to help homeless veterans, also all tips given will be donated to 100% to Autism Support Groups.

Can I get the complete model number of the unit?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
790-47789405
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Did you just finish the self clean cycle?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It was done on Friday
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

SO you have display, door is unlocked, but you cannot bake or broil correct?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That is correct - I have two smaller convection oven I have been getting by with.
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Did you try and shutting off the breakers to the oven for about 5 minutes to see if it resets the computer?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can push the bake botton and it lights up then I can set the temp to 350 after a delay of a few seconds the preheat and the other light come on, biy the coil never gets hot.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I only turned off the breakers for about 20 seconds - should I try a longer period?
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

No, don't bother with that, there are 3 thermostats that a on the back wall of the oven, they are 119, 219, and 219A, anyone of them could be bad, the oven would need to be pulled out of the wall and tested, #119 has a reset button on it in the middle, I believe that is the problem child, but you need to pull the entire oven out of the wall to fix it..

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Tips are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

This is a pic of the high limit with the reset button on it.

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

I noticed that the question is still open, if there is nothing else you need, please rate my service to you today, so I may be credited with helping you...

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Just checking to see if you looked at the high limit on the unit?