Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag Steamclean dishwasher mdb785iawqo. Electric

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Steamclean dishwasher mdb785iawqo. Electric is connected because I get lights when changing selections. When I press start, nothing happens. It is a start/cancel selection. Labor is so expensive that I'm wondering if I should buy a new machine.
I also wonder if there is an additive to clean the inside including the filter?
Any suggestions?
Ivan
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

If everything works but the start/cancel button---either the touch control panel has failed and the start button no longer is responding---or the door latch needs to be replaced. To determine which one has failed, just turn all the lights on the dishwasher off and then press the start button. If the start button doesn't turn the lights on the control panel back on when you press start then your touch control panel needs to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue. If the lights DO turn on, then you need to order and replace the door latch. The door latch is about $50 and the control panel is about $150 if you felt like it was worth fixing or not.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.