Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

When I open the door to my freezer the inside light start

Customer Question

When I open the door to my freezer the inside light start going off and on and the freezer start beeping. What's the problem? And the temperature on the door sometimes goes disarray.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 11 months ago.

Ok make sure the light bulb is tight and then if it is check the door switch, you will see the switch on the ref in the door frame somewhere, when you find push it in and out the light should go on and off, see if can wiggle the switch with it open and see if the light goes off and on if it does It's a bad light switch which means its probably sticking and allowing the bulb to stay on when the door is closed which will cause the ref to get warm from the heat of the bulb. Let me know what you find , thanks.

In the meantime:

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that if you feel I have tried to help you to the best of my ability and have taken the time to help you Kindly do the same for me and take the time this time to rate my service by clicking on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there). This will let others know that I am willing to help them also. Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Happy Holidays!

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support!.

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.