Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Whirlpool dryer will not start.

Customer Question

Whirlpool dryer will not start.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while
I apologize as I try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now
available to help you with your question.

make sure you have voltage to the dryer, you must be getting 220volts to the dryer for it to work properly, if it does, take the back off the dryer and at the bottom of the exhaust assembly you will see a white fuse with 2 blue wires attached, unplug the dryer remove those two wires off the fuse and hook them together then make sure they dont touch any metal and plug the dryer in try to run the dryer if it runs then the fuse is bad and needs to be replaced. iF thats not it check the door switch with an ohm meter or you can also bypass the door switch and see if the dryer runs if it does then the door switch is bad.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that if you feel I have tried to help you to the best of my ability and have taken the time to help you Kindly do the same for me and take the time this time to rate my service by clicking on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there). This will let others know that I am willing to help them also. Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Happy Holidays!

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support!.

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.