Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Maytag Centinal washer will not drain or spin
, It did

Customer Question

Customer: Maytag Centinal washer will not drain or spin
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It did not drain during a wash cycle and it makes a noise like the moter is working when I try to do a drain and spin cycle but nothing happens
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Not sure I'm looking under the machine now
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 11 months ago.

Hello, the machine needs to drain in order to spin. The pump on these units is often clogged with debris. If the pumps impeller is clear and spinning freely, then the pump is faulty or it's not getting 110v from the control board. I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. I’m not credited for helping you until you rate my answers positively. Thank you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How do I check that

Unplug the machine and tip it back. On the back right is the pump motor. The pump is bolted to the bottom of the tub. Three bolts and the pump drops down and out. Check the impeller for a blockage. Socks & undergarments are what usually is found inside. I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. I’m not credited for helping you until you rate my answers positively. Thank you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I think I'll just get service. Thanks anyway

You're most welcome. Merry christmas. I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. I’m not credited for helping you until you rate my answers positively. Thank you