Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a Maytag frontloading washing machine a Maytag Maxima

Customer Question

I have a Maytag frontloading washing machine a Maytag Maxima steam. I was starting a load of laundry and right as I turned it on my husband had another uniform shirt to add so I stopped it and then tried to open it up and the light said door locked. I then tried to start it again and it wouldn't start, no lights were coming on so I unplugged the washer and the light stilled flashed door locked. My husband even flipped the breaker switch and the light never went off. I can't open or even start my laundry. HELP!!!!
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while
I apologize as I try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now
available to help you with your question.

to open the door you will need to UNPLUG the washer and remove the bottom front service panel . Carefully reach up along the inside of that front panel and pull down on the manual release tab that is on the bottom of the door latch assembly. You should then be able to open the washer door. once you have gotten the door open, close it kill power to the unit for 10 minutes, (this gives time for the capacitors in the control board to drain) that should reset the board, restore power, hit the cancel cycle/pause whatever you unit uses to cancel the cycle and it should be fine.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that if you feel I have tried to help you to the best of my ability and have taken the time to help you Kindly do the same for me and take the time this time to rate my service by clicking on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there). This will let others know that I am willing to help them also. Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Happy Holidays!

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support!.

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.