Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a year and a half old Frigidaire that will not drain.

Customer Question

Hey Tom -
I have a year and a half old Frigidaire that will not drain. I have taken off the hose to the garbage disposal and ran a cycle. No water ever came through the hose...I assume that it means its something internal? Can a pump go out that quick?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while
I apologize as I try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now
available to help you with your question.

they can but highly unlikely, it sounds like the filter in the bottom of the dishwasher may be stopped up, have you cleaned out the filter and sump area?

If you have not cleaned it out yet here is a video that shows how:

VIDEO

if that does not work, then you may end up having to replace the pump, let me know if you need the part number and a place to order the pump from, thanks.

In the meantime:

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that if you feel I have tried to help you to the best of my ability and have taken the time to help you Kindly do the same for me and take the time this time to rate my service by clicking on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there). This will let others know that I am willing to help them also. Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Happy Holidays!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thoroughly cleaned that out first. Not much in terms of anything that could block water. Other than the plastic parts you take out, is there anything else I should look at in the bottom once those pieces are taken out?

no not really that is pretty much it as long as the circulation motor is running there is not much else to do there, so if you have a meter you can check voltage at the drain pump, you would have to start a cycle, then cancel it to activate the drain cycle at that point the drain pump should be getting voltage, if so It's a bad drain pump, if not It's a bad control board.

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support!.

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.