Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP
Hi. I'm Smitty and I will be assisting you with your problem.
The control panel push buttons have moisture behind them. They are arcing out to the wrong traces because of it. This is why when you push one button something totally different happens.
You can try warming up the panel with a hair dryer while running your fingers over the buttons to help dry them out. this usually works the first time or maybe two, but seldom more than that. Reason being is the moisture causes electrolysis in the metal components of the panel and they eventually will not form a complete electrical circuit.
As for repairing the unit I recommend replacement rather than repair. I'm sure the control board will cost over 50.00. The total cost of a new unit is less than 300.00.
the hair dryer trick should keep you going for a short time while you save up for a new unit.
Let me know if you require additional information.