Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I HAVE A WFW9351YW, JUST LOADED IT WITH CLOTHES AND CLOSED

Customer Question

I HAVE A WFW9351YW, JUST LOADED IT WITH CLOTHES AND CLOSED THE DOOR. PRESSED THE POWER BUTTON AND THEN THE START BUTTON. THE DOOR LOCKED AND THE AGITATOR MOVED MOVED FOR A FEW SECONDS AND THEN A E3 AND F5 CODE APPEARED. I HAVE POWERED THE MACHINE OFF, TRIED RESTARTING AND CANCELING ONCE THE ADD GARMENT LIGHT CAME ON BUT STILL CANNOT OPEN THE DOOR. HELP, I NEED TO GET THESE CLOTHES OUT OF THERE - VACATION TOMORROW :(
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hello, you will need parts to fix the error code. You will be able to get the clothes out if your semi handy.

Unplug the machine.

Tip the unit back enough to remove the screws along the bottom front edge. Once the screws are removed the lower front panel will slide off. You will then be able to reach up to the lock and pull down on the small loop on the bottom of the latch assembly. That loop is the manual release. I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply. I found that answer online myself. Was looking for something else.

You're most welcome. That's how you get your clothes out of this machine.

I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off. Thanks!